Currently, KUDO does not incorporate Live Captions, however, this can be achieved with Chrome.
Live captions are automatically generated/live, by speech recognition algorithms, and sometimes might misrepresent the spoken content.
This article will cover:
Turning On Live Captions on Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced Accessibility.
- Select Captions to open your device settings, where you can change your video caption style.
- Restart Chrome
Move the caption box
- Move the caption box: Click and hold, then drag up or down.
Change Live Caption Settings
- Tap Accessibility (on Chrome), then tap Caption preferences.
- Tap Caption size and style
- To change caption size, tap Text size, then select the text size.
- To change the style and color for caption text and background, tap Caption style, then select the style.
- Captions are currently available for English only.
- Live Caption isn't intended for calls with more than 1 other person (multiple people speaking at the same time)
- Live Caption works best on audio with clear speech and low background noise.
- Live Caption doesn't use mobile data or an internet connection. All audio and captions are processed on the device and are never stored or sent to Google.