In this article we will cover:
Viewers and Participants can use KUDO through Microsoft Teams. This means that clients relying on Microsoft Teams have the ability to join multilingual meetings directly from the Microsoft Teams app.
How to install
Here are the steps to install KUDO into your MS Teams app:
- Open MS Teams and create a new Team (if you already have the Team ready, then you can skip this step.
- Navigate to the Apps section from your left sidebar and search for KUDO Meetings
- Once done, open KUDO Meetings app and click on Add to a team
- During the process on installation, you will be asked to create or select the group (Team) where this app should be installed
- Select the Team name and click on Set up
- After this step, KUDO Meetings is installed, the next step is to navigate to your Teams , click on the Team that you have created, or selected to install our app, then on the top bar, below the search bar, you should see our app.
With that done, KUDO is ready and you can use it to connect to any conference.
- Screen sharing using KUDO from MS Teams is not currently supported.
- This integration cannot be used by Interpreters. Interpreting will be done directly from KUDO;
- This integration cannot be used by Operators. Managing a session will be done directly from KUDO;
- Our current integration works for COM meetings (meetings scheduled on live.kudoway.com)
- If you cannot find our app on the Teams app store, then your Teams Administrator will need to unlock your access to 3rd party apps, such as KUDO. This can be done either at the Team or Organization level;
- If a participant clicks on any other Teams tab (Chat, Calendar...) leaves the session;