How to Book Interpreters on Zoom Marketplace: A Step-by-step Guide
1. Find the application “Book interpreters with KUDO” on the Zoom Marketplace. There are two ways of accessing KUDO Interpreter Marketplace for Zoom. a. Via Zoom App Marketplace.You will have to click on the “Sign in” button and sign into your Zoom account. Once you sign into your Zoom account, you will be automatically redirected to the Zoom-specific landing page (see below). b. Directly via kudoway.com/zoom
2. Fill out the following form, by multi-selecting the following fields:
a. Eligible languages: English, Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, & English being the ninth language.
b. Date: The default text is DD/MM/YYYY format with the next calendar day pre-selected. The current day can be chosen if the user clicks and selects the current day. The date in the past is not clickable.
c. Time: The time zone is defaulted to the user's browser time zone. The pre-fill is 23:59 and the user can type a time up to 23:59. You cannot enter a time above 24:00 hours (or a time that is not real), in this case you will get an error message saying, “Time must be in the 24-hour clock format”. Also, by selecting a time that is any time before 2 hours, you will get an error message saying the “Start time must be at least 2 hours from now”.
d. Duration of your meeting: You can select 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 5 hours, 6 hours from the + -, meetings can be supported up to six hours in length.
e. The default meeting length is 1 hour, followed by 1 hour: +, 2 hours: - +, 3 hours: - +, 4 hours: - +, 5 hours: - +. By clicking + after 5 hours, you will see the following message: “Need to book a longer meeting? Contact us”. Field is not editable; you cannot type in number.
3. Once you fill out the meeting details click on the “Continue”/arrow button.
4. You will then be directed to fill out the following fields:
a. Title: The default text is “DD/MM/YYYY KUDO Meeting”. You must fill in the desired meeting title. Please note that this title will be used in the calendar invite when you start a zoom meeting.
b. Choose one of the listed subject matters:
- Animals / Veterinary,
- Art / Culture
- Banking / Finance
- Business / Trade
- Community Service
- Farming / Agriculture
- Fashion / Apparel
- Food / Beverages
- Government / Diplomacy
- Human Rights / Activism
- IT / Technology
- Internet / e-Commerce
- Legal / Litigation
- Marketing / Sales
- Medical / Dentistry
- Military / Conflict
- Oil / Gas
- Philosophy / Religion
- Psychology / Mental Health
- Security / Cybersecurity
- Social Sciences
Click “Continue” after you have filled these out.
5. You will be directed to another page where you will be able to create your account to book and manage your future meetings. You will need to enter your email address; create a password that is minimum 8 characters long, and maximum 255 characters long, a mix of upper and lower-case numbers and special characters, different from your username, as a last step you will need to confirm the password. Once you have filled out the account details, click “Continue.”
You will then have the option to create an organizational profile.
6. After this step, you will be asked to verify your email address.
7. Check your email from sender firstname.lastname@example.org, then click Confirm email.
8. Once your email is confirmed you can login & enjoy KUDO!
9. Once you login, you will be asked to authorize KUDO to access your Zoom data. Text explaining how your Zoom data will be accessed will pop up.
10. After authorizing access, you will be taken to the payment page, where you will be able to view your meeting details and enter your payment information.
11. Once you have paid, you will be directed to the meeting confirmation screen. You can view your specific meeting details and learn what to expect during the meeting. You can also add your meeting directly to your Outlook or Google calendar by clicking the corresponding links below.
12. Once you click on view your meetings, they will be taken to this meeting lists page in which it will show that the meeting is now booked. Once a KUDO interpreter accepts your meeting, you will have the ability to see the status of the interpreter and the meeting details.
13. Click “Start meeting” to begin a Zoom meeting directly from that page. The interpreter will be added in the corresponding language that they were booked for.
14. You can upload preparation materials that will be shared directly with the interpreter: files and or links.
How to create a new meeting for a returning user
1. Log in into your KUDO account by clicking the “Log in” button on the right.
2. To create a new meeting, you must click on the “Create a multilingual meeting” button.
3. Fill out the information below.
4. To complete booking you will be asked to review details and confirm the booking.
If you have the required amount of credits, you will be able to complete the booking. In case you will not have a sufficient amount of credit, you will be taken to the payment screen to complete payment for that meeting.
5. After the Interpreter accepts the assignment, you will then be able to see the interpreters' details.