What is KUDO Interpreter Marketplace?
KUDO Interpreter Marketplace automates the booking of simultaneous interpreters with 24/7 access to thousands of experienced KUDO interpreters on demand.
Who are the interpreters sourced by KUDO Interpreter Marketplace?
KUDO Certified interpreters are conference interpreters who have completed KUDO’s vetting process, designed to ensure the professional's quality and experience with Remote Simultaneous Interpretation, connectivity and technical requirements, and skills to interpret without supervision and on short notice. Each KUDO interpreter brings unique experiences and subject matter expertise which helps us pair the right interpreter to your meeting or event.
What are the steps for booking the interpreters through KUDO Interpreter Marketplace?
1. Create a KUDO Interpreter Marketplace account
2. Select between the 3 options:
If you are hosting your meeting or webinar with your Zoom Business/Education/Enterprise/Pro account, you will be prompted to integrate your Zoom account with KUDO Marketplace so all your upcoming meetings/webinars eligible will be visible on KUDO Marketplace for booking interpreters.
If you want to host your meeting on Zoom but don’t have a Zoom Business/Education/Enterprise/Pro account, you will be able to complete the interpreters booking and the Zoom meeting will be hosted on KUDO’s Zoom environment. Do not choose this option if you have already created your Zoom meeting!
If you are hosting your meeting or webinar on another platform: you will be able to paste your meeting/webinar link directly to the booking details.
3. Once the booking details are completed, you will be redirected to a payment page that shows you the number of Interpretation credits needed for the meeting and the total USD value. The pricing is based on the duration of the meeting and the number of languages selected. Fill in your credit card details and complete the purchase.
4. Your multilingual meeting is booked!
5. After 24 hours, you will see in your account the names of the interpreters assigned to your meeting. You will then have to upload preparation materials to help interpreters familiarize themselves with the content. This step is highly recommended to ensure the interpretation is qualitative and accurate.
6. Before your meeting, a KUDO team member will reach out to you to make sure your meeting is set up correctly and answer any questions.
7. Enjoy your meeting!
How many languages are covered on KUDO Interpreter Marketplace?
KUDO Interpreter Marketplace currently covers fifteen languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese. English is always selected as a default language, meaning that all KUDO interpreters work from and to English. Therefore, English has to be part of the selected languages. However, during the meeting, all participants can speak in all the other languages you booked.
Note: Custom languages will not be supported when booking interpreters through KUDO.
How do I purchase interpretation credits?
There are 3 ways to purchase KUDO interpretation credits:
- When completing an interpreter booking for a meeting, use your credit card information on the payment page to purchase the credits required for that particular meeting.
- If you are the admin of your organization on KUDO Marketplace, click on your organization and make a purchase of additional interpretation credits, using your credit card information. You can select the number of credits you want to buy, which will be available to all the members of your organization.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote for the number of interpretation credits of your choice. We will then apply the purchase to either your entire organization or to a specific member(s) only.
What happens after I book a meeting?
After completing your booking, a KUDO team member will contact you to help you prepare for the session. The setup will depend on the platform where you chose to host your session. Before the session, we strongly suggest that you upload any relevant documents, presentations, glossary links, etc. to help the interpreter become familiar with the content of your meeting. On the day of the event, the interpreter will arrive 15 minutes before the meeting to ensure adequate time for a sound check. We also request that the meeting host also come 15 minutes prior in order to let the interpreters in and get ready for the meeting to start.
What platforms does KUDO Interpreter Marketplace currently support?
Currently, KUDO can source interpreters to support meetings held on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, BlueJeans, WebEx, Interprefy and Interactio. With just a few clicks, you can easily access KUDO-certified interpreters with experience in the required language and subject-matter expertise.
Is sign language supported?
Sign languages are currently not available on KUDO Interpreter Marketplace.
How much time in advance should I book a meeting on KUDO Interpreter Marketplace?
You can book interpreters as little as 2 hours before your meeting. However, we strongly recommend booking at least 24 hours ahead of the meeting or event. This allows for KUDO to put together the best interpreters team and for the interpreters enough time to prepare for the meeting.
Can I use a mix of my own interpreters and KUDO interpreters?
Yes, however this is only available if you have created your meeting on Zoom, through a Zoom Business/Education/Enterprise/Pro account.You first need to create your Zoom meeting from your Zoom account, as you normally would. Once the meeting is created, it will appear in your KUDO Marketplace dashboard (you have to first integrate your Zoom account with KUDO Marketplace beforehand). You can then start booking interpreters for this meeting by clicking on the meeting, then on “Add interpreters”. For each language you want to add, a dropdown menu will appear, and you will choose between ‘KUDO’ or ‘In-house’ interpreters. By clicking ‘In-house’, you will be able to put your interpreter’s email address. If you select ‘KUDO’, the requested language will be assigned to a KUDO interpreter and you will be charged for KUDO interpretation credits.
Note: For a particular language combination, you cannot mix your own interpreters with KUDO interpreters. For meetings with multiple languages, you can have 1) Spanish – in-house 2) Chinese - KUDO 3) Portuguese - in-house.
Where and how do I know who will be interpreting the meeting? And how can I get more information about the interpreters who were booked?
You will know who will be interpreting the meeting:
- Via email, confirming all the interpreters are booked for your meeting.
- Within KUDO Marketplace, by clicking on your upcoming meetings then click the dropdown to see the interpreter's names and information.
Within this category, you can get more information about the interpreters who were booked, and you will have access to the interpreter’s information such as:
- Surname and the first letter of the last name
- KUDO Pro Status
- Years of experience
- NDA signed
Can I communicate with interpreters prior to the meeting?
There is no way to communicate with interpreters before the meeting. However, it is highly recommended to upload preparation materials to help them prepare for the meeting. You can upload materials directly to your KUDO Marketplace account. When meeting time comes, KUDO interpreters will always join 15 minutes in advance. We request that the meeting host also joins ahead to let the interpreters in and chat with them if needed.
What is the difference between meeting time and interpretation credits?
The meeting time is the duration of the meeting from start to finish, from the moment participants log in until they log out. Interpretation credit is the calculation based on the duration of the meeting and the number of languages.
How do I pay for the service?
Paying for KUDO interpreters is easy and convenient. You are redirected to a payment page when completing your meeting booking. You then only need to enter your payment card details. You will receive a payment receipt sent to your email address. You only need to pay for the interpretation credits needed to cover your meeting.
What if meeting details such as date, time, duration, or language change, but I already booked interpreters?
Editing the meeting is not yet supported, in this case, it must be canceled, and you may book a new meeting or the updated date/time/languages.
How long before a meeting can I cancel it without being charged for interpreters?
According to our cancellation policy:
If you cancel
- 48+ hours before a meeting, no extra cost applies
- Between 48 hours and 24 hours before, you will be charged 50% of the total amount
- 24 hours or less before the meeting starts, you will be charged 100% of the total amount
What are the preparation materials? And why do I need to upload them?
You can upload any materials, files, and /or links prior to the meeting so that the interpreter is properly prepared for your meeting’s agenda. We recommend sharing the meeting agenda, list of speakers, glossaries, presentations, recordings of previous meetings, and web pages... You are limited to 20 MB per file and 5 files uploaded in total. If you need to upload larger files, you may need to upload them to an external sharing platform and drop the link to the folder on the KUDO Marketplace. For any further assistance with interpreter materials, please reach out to email@example.com.
What type of documents should I upload? Are there any limitations?
You can upload any files up to 10 MB and /or links. You are limited to 5 files per meeting.
What if the meeting goes over the scheduled time? Can I pay for interpreter overtime?
The interpreters are asked to leave when the interpretation time ends. In the case where the interpreter stays in a meeting past the interpretation time, the overtime fees will be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
How can I troubleshoot interpreters during the meeting? Where can I get support?
KUDO Interpreter-related issues can be filed through Zendesk here. Any technical issues will need to be resolved through your host platform directly.