Scheduling a Meeting
Proceed with scheduling your meeting as normal, but don’t forget:
a. Start time (i.e., when the platform will open for all users)
b. Please remember to leave a buffer period of between 15 and 60 minutes.
i. For first-time KUDO meeting attendees, we recommend allocating at least 30 minutes (up to one hour) of preparation time for speakers.
ii. For the interpreters’ sound check, depending on the number of interpreters and languages as well as the operator's level of experience, this period may be reduced to 15 minutes (at minimum).
1. For example, a one-hour meeting with one interpreter, leave 15 minutes for a sound check; for a one-hour meeting with two interpreters, leave 30.
iii. If there is no KUDO operator at the meeting, the sound check is carried out by your own operator, via the messaging tab.
c. To enable or disable any additional features, click on “Advanced Settings” before saving your meeting, Press “Save”. Time to book your interpreters!
“Book Interpreters” Button
Located in the Information Tab - Left Side, under “Review your settings”.
The "Book Interpreters" button can be found in the “Information” tab on the left-hand side of the interface, under “Review Your Settings.”
“Book interpreters” Dialog Box
a. Under Date/Time, please click “Click here if you only need interpreters for a portion of the meeting” to select the specific timeframe during which interpretation is needed. This prevents unnecessary additional interpreter-hours being deducted from your bundle.
i. Start Time: Select the interpretation start time
ii. End Time: Select the interpretation end time
1. KUDO interpreters will join your meeting, at no extra cost, during the preparation period. This time allows you and your participants to test your devices – along with the interpreters’ – and make sure everyone’s audio is tested before the meeting formally starts.
2. Interpreters can only work alone for a maximum duration of one hour. If you foresee your meeting lasting longer than one hour, please make sure to take that into account when setting the end time and allow the system to book two interpreters.
b. Subject matter:
i. Please select the most appropriate subject matter to enable the system to connect you with the most suitable interpreters.
i. Please include as many tags as needed. Specific tags such as “Budget Review Meeting” will help interpreters understand the content of your meetings.
d. Click “Complete booking.”
Preparation Materials for Interpreters
Please don’t forget to add preparation materials under the “Interpreters” section of the “Users” tab. After completing your booking, you will be prompted to:
a. Click: “+ Add preparation materials securely and exclusively for interpreters”
b. Click “Add”
c. Drag and drop your files into the dialog box or click "Upload" and browse for your files
d. Click Save.
“Meet Your Interpreters”
Upon the system’s confirmation of your request, the name(s) of your allocated interpreter(s) will display next to “Meet Your Interpreters”.
Please bear in mind that changes in meetings are not reflected or automatically communicated to the interpreters.
If changes need to be made to a meeting (no later than three days before the meeting – please see Cancellation Policy below), we recommend cancelling the meeting and rebooking it.
If changes need to be made less than three days in advance, please reach out to our Language Services team at email@example.com so that they can help you communicate with the interpreters.
- Cancellations within 24 hours will be charged in full.
- Cancellations received with less than three days’ notice will result in a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received with three days’ notice or more will incur no charges at all.