This article will give you a brief overview of the Language Access: Web Link and show you how to set up a meeting that will use this solution.
The Language Access: Web Link brings KUDO's Advanced multilingual capabilities to onsite, hybrid and online events.
How does it work?
Your onsite or online event is streamed into the KUDO platform for the interpreters to access the original audio and video content live. Interpreters work from the KUDO Interpreter Console (that can be connected to your onsite physical booths as well) to provide live simultaneous interpretation in the languages of your choice. The event attendees can access the interpretation for spoken (audio) and sign (video) languages on a separate webpage like the one below.
Event organizers simply share the KUDO Web Link with the participants, who will be able to access the KUDO Language Selector on this webpage, from any web browser and any device (mobile, tablet). The solution is perfect for following the interpretation on your phone during onsite events!
How to schedule a meeting that will use the Language Access Web Link
1. Log into your KUDO Client Account*
Click on "Schedule a Meeting" on the top right-hand side.
* via the US-based server: https://live.kudoway.com
* via the Europe-based server: https://live.kudoway.eu
* via the Asia-based server: https://asia.kudoway.com
* via the Canada-based server: https://live.kudoway.ca
2. Add the meeting information:
Meeting title: which will be visible on the top of the KUDO Meeting screen as well as on the invite emails
- Time zone
Start time and end time: make sure to add buffer time before (for preparation, soundcheck) and after (in case the meeting goes longer) the actual meeting time,
Languages: make sure to add all the languages that will be spoken during the meeting (including the original / source language)
3. Enable KUDO Language Access
Click on “Advanced Settings”, scroll down to "Language AccessWidget" and select "ON".
KUDO Language Access Widget is disabled by default during meeting creation. The configuration (enabled/disabled) cannot be edited once the meeting has been created.
Captioning: (optional feature available at a fee) enables multilingual captioning live during the meeting. Captioning is currently available in the 11 languages below.
- English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Japanese.
4. Click on “Save” to confirm the meeting creation.
Share the meeting links
1. After scheduling the meeting, the KUDO Web Link will be generated.
You will be directed there automatically after scheduling the meeting but can also access this page later by logging into your KUDO client account and clicking on the scheduled meeting of your choice.
2. Share the Web Link with your attendees
Look for the Web Link in the "Language Access" section and share the Web Link with your event attendees.
While it is good practice to share the KUDO Web Link to the attendees within the event invite/instructions, we highly recommend sharing again the Web Link directly when the meeting is about to start:
- In the chat of the online event/meeting platform
- Via a printed QR code at the onsite venue
We also recommend sharing a one-pager instructions to all attendees who will be using the interpretation: KUDO for Microsoft Teams Live Event - Attendees Guide
How attendees can access interpretation via the KUDO Web Link
1. Join the original meeting/event
Follow the instructions provided by the meeting/event organizer to join on the 3rd party platform, the website hosting the event, or the onsite venue.
2. Access the KUDO Web Link
Once in the original meeting/event, click on the KUDO Web Link provided by the meeting organizer. You can use any device (computer PC or Mac, mobile, tablet) and any web browser.
- Choose your preferred language from the Select Language list.
- You will start hearing the interpretation audio (or video, for sign languages).
- If you are listening to the interpretation, mute the original audio from the original event platform or website player.
- If you have multilingual captioning available for your meeting, enable it by clicking on the "CC" next to the language drop-down menu.
The interpretation will start coming through when the event starts. If the interpretation has not started yet, you will see a message "Interpretation in this language is not available right now". Try again later.
3. Change the Language of the Web Link if needed
If you would like the Language Selector to be displayed in a different language, click on the globe icon on the bottom of the Web Link and choose from the 11 available languages. The default for the Web Link will be according to your browser language preference.
- AR - Arabic (العربية)
- DE - German (Deutsch)
- EN - English (English)
- ES - Spanish (Español)
- FR - French (Français)
- IT - Italian (Italiano)
- JP - Japanese (日本語)
- PT - Portuguese (Brazil) (Português)
- ZH - Chinese simplified (中文(简体))
Watch an example of the KUDO Language Access Web Link combined with Microsoft Teams Live Event: